Friday, March 4, 2011

"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is."

All this excitement has been building up for weeks. It's pretty incredible, though anxiousness is an unfortunate side product.  In all the chaos, I haven't been updating.

1. I got the job.
I am now officially a paid writing consultant (in training) for the college I attend.  Even better than the feeling of finally having a job, of having such a great one, and of being done with the application process is the fact that I have a source of support in people around campus.  My professors have been great about helping me out, and a few in particular have been extremely encouraging.  It's one of the reasons I love this school so much.

2. I finished my art show entry.
A year in the making, my stop-motion, "living portrait" compilation looks better than I could have hoped.  The entry day and selection process is still a month away, so the anxiety will be there for a while.  When the deadline has passed, I will upload the entire set here.

3. Internship notifications are approaching.
I need, need, need to spend a summer in a lab.  I applied to about eight or so positions across the country (Nebraska to St. Louis).  It would be wonderful to be accepted to one of them.  For now, I'm nervous.

4. Classes are great.
I've discovered yet another passion in cancer biology and genetics, though I don't excel as naturally in it as I do in the humanities.  We'll stick with plant studies for now, but it will be interesting to see where this takes me.  Biostatistics, my only math-based class and therefore my least favorite, has been very useful so far.  It's growing on me.  Medical ethics is fantastic.  My bio seminar is not as enjoyable because of the amount of coursework required, but I like the plant peroxidase research we're conducting right now.

5. I am healthy.
I feel better, more awake all the time.  I haven't been as sick lately.  It's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment